Dune: Part Two Review

Chaotic review incoming! Wow, it’s been a WHILE since I reviewed a movie, but I’ve come out of hibernation to review the much anticipated Dune: Part Two. My initial impression of Dune: Part One was: ‘for a movie that is mainly standing around, it’s a masterpiece.’ Despite my lack of experience with the source material, and my lack of reason for loving the first, I knew I had to see the second instalment on opening night. Which is exactly what I did! I’m glad I did because Dune: Part Two is categorically better than the first! Read on for my full review, potential mild spoilers with a dose of chaos! Enjoy!   Dune: Part Two picks us where the previous finished, Denis Villeneuve giving us one  continuous story, no flashbacks or memory trickers included. Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem are joined by Florence Pugh, Austin Butler, Léa Seydoux, Christopher Walken and Anya Taylor-Joy, the perfect all-star cast. The films stands at the 2h 45m mark, ye

Most Anticipated Films of 2018

Happy New Year!! This post is a little later than intended but here it goes anyway. It is the start of a new year and that means there is a whole year of new films on the horizon. 2018 looks like an exciting year in regards to film releases, I have made a list of the films I am most looking forward to, so lets get to it:



  • Darkest Hour. Release date: 12th January (UK) Dir: Joe Wright, Starting: Gary Oldman, Lily James, Kristin Scott Thomas, Ben Medelsohn. As a fan of Joe Wrights pervious films (Pride and Prejudice (2005) and Anna Karenina (2012)) I was very excited when I first saw the trailer for this film, I'm looking forward to seeing Wrights usual visual flair combined with a powerful moment in history. This film is not even out yet and Gary Oldman has already won the Golden Globe for Best Actor at last nights awards. Although this film may not interest everyone, I cannot wait to see it. 
  • Peter Rabbit. Release date:16th March (UK), Dir: Will Gluck, Staring: Domhnall Gleeson, Rose Byrne, Sam Neill, James Corden (voice), Daisy Ridley (voice), Margot Robbie (voice). Peter Rabbit the children's tale by Beatrix Potter has been adapted serval times, the reason this cinematic adaptation is on my list is for one simple reason: the trailer made me laugh the whole way though, there's one moment with a fox that I keep replaying because I find it just too funny. I hope that the film will turn out as hilarious as the trailer. 
  • Avengers Infinity War. Release date: 27th April (UK), Dir: Anthony Russo and Joe Russo. Starting: Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Hiddleston, Zoe Saldana, Josh Brolin, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paull Rudd, Chadwick Boseman, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Renner, and countless more, basically almost everyone that's been a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This film has the potential to be the highest grossing film of all time in my option, reason being: its the biggest Avengers film to date. This film has basically everyone in it - something that gets me and many fans incredibly excited. I don't know about you but this film is one not to miss because its going to be awesome!    


  • Solo: A Star Wars Story. Release date: 25th May (UK), Dir: Rob Howard, Staring: Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clark, Paul Bettany, Woody Harrelson. After the incredible success of Star Wars: Rouge One (2016) (the first stand alone Star Wars film), bets are that this Star Wars film focusing on a young Han Solo will also be a success. The only worry is that it will not live up to fans expectations. However more Star Wars is certainly something to look forward to. 

  • Ocean's 8. Release date: 22nd June (UK), Dir: Gary Ross, Staring: Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham-Carter, Anne Hathaway, Matt Damon. This is the next film in the Oceans franchise, but this one is different. Instead of a male dominated cast that carry out a heist, Oceans 8 focuses on a female led heist. Personally I am not a fan of rehashing films and changing the characters from male to female - I'm looking at you Ghostbusters (2016), but this actually looks pretty good, the characters are not copies and it is linked to the previous films though Sandra Bullocks character: Debbie Ocean who seems to be a relation of George Clooney's Danny Ocean. I'm expecting big things from this sequel. 
  • Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. Release date: 27th July (UK), Dir: Ol Parker, Staring: Meryl Streep, Lily James, Amanda Seyfried, Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan, Dominic Cooper, Julie Waters, Cher. Another Mamma Mia film! All I can say is I hope cinemas do dress up screenings again because I was heart broken I didn't go to one last time. 
  • The Nutcracker and The Four Realms. Release date: 26th October (UK), Dir: Lasse Hallstrom and Joe Johnston, Staring: Keira Knightley, Mackenzie Foy, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, Matthew Macfadyen, Miranda Hart. The trailer for this film looks magical, I think this film has a huge amount of potential to be something amazing. After all what could be more beautiful than a Disney film combined with ballet. 
  • Mary Poppins Returns. Release date: 21st December (UK), Dir: Rob Marshall, Staring: Emily Blunt, Meryl Streep, Colin Firth, Ben Whrinshaw, Dick Van Dyke. I cannot wait to see Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins. I am also intrigued to see how much of this film is a homage to the original and how much is new.  


There is also one film that I want to be looking forward to seeing but I'm almost scared to: 

  • Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Release date: 16th November (UK), Dir: David Yates, Staring: Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Zoe Kravitz, Eddie Redmayne, Dan Fogler, Katherine Waterston. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and for me the first Fantastic Beast movie was awful, there was no magic, no tension and dull characters. But because of my love of Harry Potter I want this film to be better, I am hoping for a better script and that Johnny Depp and Jude Law can bring some life to this instalment.

These are just a few of the films I can't wait for in 2018, there are several others, but if I was to list them all we'd be here all week. Overall it looks like an exciting year for film, If you are looking forward to any films that I have not mentioned then please let me know in the comments.

I now have a Facebook page YAY! Please give it a like to keep up with my blog posts click the link or just search for @justanotherfilmblog
https://www.facebook.com/JustAnotherFilmBlog/?view_public_for=242769742958797

Comments